The Letter of Reference form can be downloded here.
Who can write a Letter of Reference?
- Any Theta alumnae member in good standing may submit Letters of Reference.
- A member in good standing is a dues paying member of the fraternity.
All Reference packets whether for Fall Recruitment 2013 or Spring Recruitment 2014 are due by May 1, 2013. All packets are reviewed by the Recruitment Board in May, regardless of when the college holds Recruitment.
Compiling a Reference Packet:
Please type or print neatly, and fill out the form completely. Remember, your Reference form may be the only thing the active college chapter has to go on when choosing whom to recruit! Do NOT write “see attached sheet”. Include all information on the actual Letter of Reference form.
Upon completion of the form, please place a small photo of your candidate in the lower right corner on the front page of the form and make 4 copies (front and back). These copies are used by the Recruitment Board
In your Reference Packet, include:
- The completed and signed Letter of Reference.
- 3 pictures of the candidate – 1 close-up, 1 full body and 1 other
- 1 copy of her high school transcript, on which the candidate has written, “released by” and signed with her name.
- 1 copy of the candidate’s personal resume.
- Any additional letters of support, 2 or 3 are sufficient. These letters are personal letters written by Thetas who wish to provide additional information about the candidate.
- 4 copies of the completed Reference form.
Mail or deliver completed packets to: Adele Spalding, 5620 Holly Springs Drive, Houston, TX 77056, by May 1. Turn in your packets even if your candidate has not made the final decision among her choice of colleges. Notify the Recruitment Board as soon as her choice is made.
Be sure your candidate has signed up with Houston Panhellenic AND with the Panhellenic at her college
Good luck! Questions? Email Adele Spalding at firstname.lastname@example.org.